Skip to main content

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Hello! I am not sure where to start, but my heart has really been praying about my blog lately and my thoughts and feelings on trying to revive it. I decided, its going to happen, and I am going to go back to where my heart was with this years ago...on praying for my (our) children. I see this school year opening and my heart wants to just pray pray pray for my children as they enter the world.

A new school year started today and I have the privilege of working at the same school where my oldest daughter Arcadia attends. Our relationship has grown tremendously since she and I have been together. I get to see first hand the struggles of a high school student. What an incredibly scary place to be, but then again, each age presents its own scary situations.

If you know me, you know that I have 4 children. Arcadia is 16 and a junior in high school, Eireland is in 8th grade, Tristan is in 5th grade and Phoenix is in 2nd grade. I am trying to raise world changers and what better place to start than their own campus where they are placed?

So, give me a bit...lots of blog reconstruction happening in the coming week. But I truly want to pour out my heart and my prayers with you. So, please, join me.

See you soon!
Rhiannon

My oldest, Arcadia, on her first day of 11th grade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Who am I? Very good question, who am I? The simple answer, a Crazy Busy Mom of 4, but are answers ever simple? Answering the ‘Who Am I’ question seems somewhat like a tricky question- Its like when you go on an interview or apply for college. Are you sincerely interested in who I am? Or, are you more interested in who I think you want me to be? Or do you not even care and merely ask on the grounds of a formality. Answering this question gives me anxiety- because, really, WHO AM I? My name is Rhiannon, I am 30 year old and I have blond hair, my Pinterest has over 1500 pins and 48 boards. I have only made 3 things from my boards- I work 70+ hours a week spending a majority of that time with a high school football team that makes me laugh and also terrifies me of raising two boys!   Oh, I am also a wife to a wonderful husband and 4 children, one of whom I was not sure would make it to the age of 5- amazingly; on October 2, 2012 he turned 5. Our next goal is to make it to the age of 6. T

My Home Away From Home! <3

So, here is the deal- I work 70+ hours in a week, this is spread out between 2 jobs. (and usually, 2-3 outfit changes through out the day...no, I'm not kidding.) Yesterday as I was rushing, ok, let's be real, I was in 5:30 traffic trying to get across town, anyhow, I was rushing from one job to the next...I was sitting in my car eating my dinner, which was pretty awesome; peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Keebler Elf cookies, a Baggie of carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter straight from the container with a spoon. I felt a little lonely, driving, eating my dinner and listening to some music. Now, let me tell you about my home away from home, aka my car, and the type of relationship we have. I hop in at 7:00 am, usually I'm finishing some type of breakfast, oatmeal, a beagle, whatev, but ALWAYS iced coffee. We drop the kids off and blast some music to wake me up a little more- just incase the coffee failed for the day. We hang out until 7:45 when I get to work- m

The Ramblings of a Wife

Steven and I, along with our small group are going through a very convicting and soul searching book by Mark and Grace Driscoll titled; Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together. It is just that- REAL. It's not sugar coated, just for couples who's marriages are perfect or for delusional people who don't think marriages take work- it's for REAL people who are going through REAL struggles or looking how to improve their marriage, serve their spouse and serve their Lord. Like I said- it's convicting. Throughout this study I have learned that as a wife to Steven, I am mediocre at best- sadly. This has caused me to examine my heart, examine my marriage and how I, as a wife contribute to our marriage...and let's be honest, I fall short. This is not to say that I don't love my husband, on the contrary, I love him with my entire heart- with my entire being. Yet, 90% of the time my words are much louder than my actions and I come up short.