Skip to main content

The Question I HATE!

The question I hate the most.

So, some women dread being asked their age, maybe even their original hair color, and god forbid you ask their weight... For me is 30, brown going grey and I weigh 147. Those aren't even near the question I loath the most. Are you ready for it?

How do you do it all?

The answer is simple- I don't. Now, you may ask why it is I hate this question. I'm guessing if you are asking me that I have some sort appearance that I have I all together- let me let you in on the secret- I don't.

Tristan went to school with mismatched socks yesterday, Arcadia is missing a vital piece of paper for her science camp, Eireland...that kid pretty much takes care of herself- shoot, I should hire her to be my personal assistant. She has her workers permit, I wonder if that's legal...*note to self, check I to that*, and Phoenix, well he would wear the same pair of pants for 4 days because they have a hole in his "favorite spot! On both knees!" I live off of coffee- I'm just shot ready to resort to just pouring the beans into a bowl and pour the cream over it like milk.

I have a planner that has very little free space on the paper pages yet even less free space in real life. I have to schedule things like breathing, and going to the bathroom- just kidding in those two, but I might have to start.

I have a cleaning lady come to my house, when we interviewed her, my kids were in heaven thinking she was there for them- um WRONG! Shes here for me! I have a dog trainer for my unruly Olivia. One of these days she will stop chewing on Pheonix's shoes- actually, maybe Nicole could work with Phoenix to train him to put his shoes AWAY! I used to use the dry cleaner but then I never had time to go and get whatever it was I dropped of there.

I use my cellphone- for just about everything. (As I type this I get a notification that Eireland has an audition.) Shoot, I booked Arcadia's elaborate birthday cake all via text message. I also did the same think with my carpet cleaner- if I can do everything via text, my business is YOURS! I have a baby sitter that I also only text- she's ready for me generally at a moments notice. Or my mom- I can text my mom.

I have relationships via text message. My friends love me and understand this about me. I wish people happy birthday via video- you can usually find me on FB.

So back to why I hate the question. It lets me know what a failure I am. I miss so much on a daily basis- I forget to make phone calls, I have the desire to change the sheets on my kids' beds, but it does me no good to think about it at 9:30 am at work and don't get home until 9:30pm when my kid is already in bed. Or wanting to clean out the garage as organizing it following my favorite blog for optimal organization, yet knowing full well I work on Saturdays.

It's tough doing the menial things that I do- its tough not being able to give me husband and kids the attention they need. Then I remind myself that this is is a season- it won't always be like this- it won't always be this crazy and I won't always hate the question How do you do it all, because one of these days I will be able to DO IT ALL!!!

Check out my planner for this week- believe it or not- this is a pretty empty week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Who am I? Very good question, who am I? The simple answer, a Crazy Busy Mom of 4, but are answers ever simple? Answering the ‘Who Am I’ question seems somewhat like a tricky question- Its like when you go on an interview or apply for college. Are you sincerely interested in who I am? Or, are you more interested in who I think you want me to be? Or do you not even care and merely ask on the grounds of a formality. Answering this question gives me anxiety- because, really, WHO AM I? My name is Rhiannon, I am 30 year old and I have blond hair, my Pinterest has over 1500 pins and 48 boards. I have only made 3 things from my boards- I work 70+ hours a week spending a majority of that time with a high school football team that makes me laugh and also terrifies me of raising two boys!   Oh, I am also a wife to a wonderful husband and 4 children, one of whom I was not sure would make it to the age of 5- amazingly; on October 2, 2012 he turned 5. Our next goal is to make it to the age of 6. T

My Home Away From Home! <3

So, here is the deal- I work 70+ hours in a week, this is spread out between 2 jobs. (and usually, 2-3 outfit changes through out the day...no, I'm not kidding.) Yesterday as I was rushing, ok, let's be real, I was in 5:30 traffic trying to get across town, anyhow, I was rushing from one job to the next...I was sitting in my car eating my dinner, which was pretty awesome; peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Keebler Elf cookies, a Baggie of carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter straight from the container with a spoon. I felt a little lonely, driving, eating my dinner and listening to some music. Now, let me tell you about my home away from home, aka my car, and the type of relationship we have. I hop in at 7:00 am, usually I'm finishing some type of breakfast, oatmeal, a beagle, whatev, but ALWAYS iced coffee. We drop the kids off and blast some music to wake me up a little more- just incase the coffee failed for the day. We hang out until 7:45 when I get to work- m

The Ramblings of a Wife

Steven and I, along with our small group are going through a very convicting and soul searching book by Mark and Grace Driscoll titled; Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together. It is just that- REAL. It's not sugar coated, just for couples who's marriages are perfect or for delusional people who don't think marriages take work- it's for REAL people who are going through REAL struggles or looking how to improve their marriage, serve their spouse and serve their Lord. Like I said- it's convicting. Throughout this study I have learned that as a wife to Steven, I am mediocre at best- sadly. This has caused me to examine my heart, examine my marriage and how I, as a wife contribute to our marriage...and let's be honest, I fall short. This is not to say that I don't love my husband, on the contrary, I love him with my entire heart- with my entire being. Yet, 90% of the time my words are much louder than my actions and I come up short.