Skip to main content

The Lost Library Book...

Mornings in our house are usually busy and full of stress to say the least. It seems as though no matter how hard we prepare the night before, things do not go quite right. And all too quickly I lose my patience.  

My little Tristan, is all boy, and he is forgetful. He's full of life and excitement, and sometimes forgets to take a few moments to ensure that his responsibilities are taken care of. Today was no different- he had lost his library book for the second week in a row. Seriously, he had it yesterday! All of is looked for the elusive book. We were already running late and we needed to leave home, without his library book. He cried all the way to my mother in laws house as he knew he was going to lose his responsibility piece for his pyramid at school. I genuinely felt bad, but how else was he going to learn that there are consequences to his forgetfulness. 

Like I said, I lost my patience, as I do most mornings. I struggle with this, every morning. And Tristan left feeling upset. Upset with himself and upset with me. It's not a good way to start the morning. My prayer today is for Moms and their kids during the morning rush.

I know many of you experience so many of the same frustrations, and we hold on to the guilt. We need to forgive ourselves, forgive our littles, ask for forgiveness from our littles and move on- try again tomorrow morning. 

Christ loves us and has a love and compassion for is that surpasses all. We can call on Him and ask him for some of that love and compassion for our children as we teach them. Teaching responsibility is painful on both sides.  Remember, I'm here, praying for you guys. 

Dear Jesus, thank you again for another beautiful morning. Lord, sometimes these mornings are filled with stress, heartache and tears. I pray that as moms we are able to forgive ourselves for the tough mornings and forgive our littles as well. May we be humble enough to ask for their forgiveness as well. May you equip us with strength to try again tomorrow and to learn from our mistakes. May you give us courage to face these mornings and act in your love. I pray that our children see that we are trying as moms, that they may see your love and your compassion through us. We love you Lord, Amen 

This trouble you are in isn't punishment, it's training, the normal experience for children...God is doing what's best for is to live God's holy best. Hebrews 12:8,10 The Message 

One day he will remember his library books. :) one day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Who am I? Very good question, who am I? The simple answer, a Crazy Busy Mom of 4, but are answers ever simple? Answering the ‘Who Am I’ question seems somewhat like a tricky question- Its like when you go on an interview or apply for college. Are you sincerely interested in who I am? Or, are you more interested in who I think you want me to be? Or do you not even care and merely ask on the grounds of a formality. Answering this question gives me anxiety- because, really, WHO AM I? My name is Rhiannon, I am 30 year old and I have blond hair, my Pinterest has over 1500 pins and 48 boards. I have only made 3 things from my boards- I work 70+ hours a week spending a majority of that time with a high school football team that makes me laugh and also terrifies me of raising two boys!   Oh, I am also a wife to a wonderful husband and 4 children, one of whom I was not sure would make it to the age of 5- amazingly; on October 2, 2012 he turned 5. Our next goal is to make it to the age of 6. T

My Home Away From Home! <3

So, here is the deal- I work 70+ hours in a week, this is spread out between 2 jobs. (and usually, 2-3 outfit changes through out the day...no, I'm not kidding.) Yesterday as I was rushing, ok, let's be real, I was in 5:30 traffic trying to get across town, anyhow, I was rushing from one job to the next...I was sitting in my car eating my dinner, which was pretty awesome; peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Keebler Elf cookies, a Baggie of carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter straight from the container with a spoon. I felt a little lonely, driving, eating my dinner and listening to some music. Now, let me tell you about my home away from home, aka my car, and the type of relationship we have. I hop in at 7:00 am, usually I'm finishing some type of breakfast, oatmeal, a beagle, whatev, but ALWAYS iced coffee. We drop the kids off and blast some music to wake me up a little more- just incase the coffee failed for the day. We hang out until 7:45 when I get to work- m

The Ramblings of a Wife

Steven and I, along with our small group are going through a very convicting and soul searching book by Mark and Grace Driscoll titled; Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together. It is just that- REAL. It's not sugar coated, just for couples who's marriages are perfect or for delusional people who don't think marriages take work- it's for REAL people who are going through REAL struggles or looking how to improve their marriage, serve their spouse and serve their Lord. Like I said- it's convicting. Throughout this study I have learned that as a wife to Steven, I am mediocre at best- sadly. This has caused me to examine my heart, examine my marriage and how I, as a wife contribute to our marriage...and let's be honest, I fall short. This is not to say that I don't love my husband, on the contrary, I love him with my entire heart- with my entire being. Yet, 90% of the time my words are much louder than my actions and I come up short.