Skip to main content

Blessed

I am assuming that even if you are not a believer you have uttered the words "I am so blessed." or have had someone inform you that you are, "so blessed".  Simple. But what does it mean? Does it mean that because you got a new car you are blessed? Or is it if you got a job while you were unemployed? Does this imply that because I do not have a new car or a job I am not blessed? I am more blessed than a homeless person who has a tent for a home? Is Tom Brady more blessed than I am because he has multiple homes? Is the family who has 19 children given more blessings that I because I only have 4 children? What about the family who is struggling to have children? Am I more or less blessed based on the things I can or can not afford? The list could go on and on and on...its limitless. 
I have been reading, listening, looking, and observing in general. Trying to figure out what exactly is a blessing. 

When I searched Google, I had over 9,700 matches to my search of 'define blessing' in .025 seconds. Amazing. The definition of a blessing from Google:

 bless·ing
ˈblesiNG/
noun
  1. 1.
    God's favor and protection.
    "may God continue to give us his blessing"
    favor/protection

So, then it does mean that God favors me more that someone who only has one car because I happen to have 3. And the person that has 4 is favored even more correct? WRONG! 

I do not believe that a blessing only shows God's favor. Yes, in the past and in the Bible God did bless people with so many different things. We can find favor with God, but he doesn't always 'bless' us with material things as it seems some people think. 

Famous saying- Count Your Blessings. I could count forever...and still not be able to list all the ways in which I am blessed. In my hear of hearts, I know that the Lord has blessed me, and I am indeed blessed. I know this for the simple fact that He loves me. He loves me so much he gave his son for me. His PERFECT son! 

When I break this down even more, it brings me to tears. The son of God- Jesus, was perfect, from the moment he was conceived to the moment before the sin of the world was placed on his shoulders, that moment he paid the price for all of us. He was perfect. This makes me wonder when his mom told him to clean his room, do his chores...all of those things that typical kids dislike so much...if he did it with a cheerful heart- every time. He was perfect- he must have brought his parents so much joy. Now, I look at my sons, who are far from perfect.

Christ was given for all of us, but if it were just me, all alone, God would have given his son to die- not just doe but to be brutally killed a slow and agonizing death. He would do it again in a moment if it were to save me. That type of love is incredible. I will be the first to quickly admit that I would never sacrifice my son- ever. I simply can not. I love Tristan and Phoenix more than I love my own life, and I am sure I could never give them up, and it crushes my heart to even give thought to that. Yet God did it for me. He gave his son so that I could be redeemed. That I could dwell with him forever. 

Because of that I am blessed! Everything else no matter how great and wonderful, is just extra. The bad things? Sheer Joy! The flat tire? A blessing! The new iphone? A blessing. Heartache? A blessing! An argument with my husband? A blessing. A bill larger than I expected? A blessing! A job loss? A blessing! You name it, its all a blessing. Every moment I spend here on earth, good bad or indifferent; I'm blessed beyond measure, as are you because he died for you too! <3

This is a sign that was made for Tristan's room- he struggles the most with his relationship with Jesus, and saw a cardboard sign similar to this one and wanted it. I knew I had to have it made for him. This is a simple reminder that he is blessed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Who am I? Very good question, who am I? The simple answer, a Crazy Busy Mom of 4, but are answers ever simple? Answering the ‘Who Am I’ question seems somewhat like a tricky question- Its like when you go on an interview or apply for college. Are you sincerely interested in who I am? Or, are you more interested in who I think you want me to be? Or do you not even care and merely ask on the grounds of a formality. Answering this question gives me anxiety- because, really, WHO AM I? My name is Rhiannon, I am 30 year old and I have blond hair, my Pinterest has over 1500 pins and 48 boards. I have only made 3 things from my boards- I work 70+ hours a week spending a majority of that time with a high school football team that makes me laugh and also terrifies me of raising two boys!   Oh, I am also a wife to a wonderful husband and 4 children, one of whom I was not sure would make it to the age of 5- amazingly; on October 2, 2012 he turned 5. Our next goal is to make it to the age of 6. T

My Home Away From Home! <3

So, here is the deal- I work 70+ hours in a week, this is spread out between 2 jobs. (and usually, 2-3 outfit changes through out the day...no, I'm not kidding.) Yesterday as I was rushing, ok, let's be real, I was in 5:30 traffic trying to get across town, anyhow, I was rushing from one job to the next...I was sitting in my car eating my dinner, which was pretty awesome; peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Keebler Elf cookies, a Baggie of carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter straight from the container with a spoon. I felt a little lonely, driving, eating my dinner and listening to some music. Now, let me tell you about my home away from home, aka my car, and the type of relationship we have. I hop in at 7:00 am, usually I'm finishing some type of breakfast, oatmeal, a beagle, whatev, but ALWAYS iced coffee. We drop the kids off and blast some music to wake me up a little more- just incase the coffee failed for the day. We hang out until 7:45 when I get to work- m

The Ramblings of a Wife

Steven and I, along with our small group are going through a very convicting and soul searching book by Mark and Grace Driscoll titled; Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together. It is just that- REAL. It's not sugar coated, just for couples who's marriages are perfect or for delusional people who don't think marriages take work- it's for REAL people who are going through REAL struggles or looking how to improve their marriage, serve their spouse and serve their Lord. Like I said- it's convicting. Throughout this study I have learned that as a wife to Steven, I am mediocre at best- sadly. This has caused me to examine my heart, examine my marriage and how I, as a wife contribute to our marriage...and let's be honest, I fall short. This is not to say that I don't love my husband, on the contrary, I love him with my entire heart- with my entire being. Yet, 90% of the time my words are much louder than my actions and I come up short.