Skip to main content

A new direction...

After some thought and prayer and some more prayer- I felt like I should have a prayer of the day geared towards being a mom, towards parenting, towards children and things of that nature.  I plan to take a portion of my blog in that direction. After all it is titled CrazyBusyMomOf4!

I read an amazing blog daily that sends me a prayer about being a wife. So many times they are spot on, and if they aren't, they encourage me to pray for my husband on a daily basis. My goal here is to encourage you.

I'm not a perfect parent, I'm scraping by at good. I struggle, a lot, with each of my little guys, but I love them beyond anything words can describe. I want to be the best for them. Each child is different, has different struggles, different needs. What will work for my children may not work for your children, but if you get even an ounce of encouragement from one thing I say, then it is worth it. My goal is simply to offer my prayers to you, to offer encouragement, and love. You don't have to agree with my methods of parenting- that's ok. :) I'm simply striving to be the best mom I can be. So if you would like to come along for the ride, feel free.

This is a developing idea, so please be patient with me and my process. I hope at minimum to be able to soon offer a subscription to my prayer of the day, so that way, it is automatically emailed to you. :) we will see where the The Lord leads.

For now- here is today's prayer:

Prayer for Grace-
Lord, my prayer today is for grace and wisdom. You have given us such grace and in turn, we are to give that grace to others- especially our children. Help me to be a mother that does not exasperate my children because of my own weakness and frustrations. Help me to find a common ground. I pray for your wisdom as I parent each of my little guys. Each one is so so different and has different needs. I pray that I am able to put myself aside for them. Help me to lead by an example- even though I still fall so short. Thank you for each of my littles, may I live up to your standards while raising them. In your name I pray... amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Who am I? Very good question, who am I? The simple answer, a Crazy Busy Mom of 4, but are answers ever simple? Answering the ‘Who Am I’ question seems somewhat like a tricky question- Its like when you go on an interview or apply for college. Are you sincerely interested in who I am? Or, are you more interested in who I think you want me to be? Or do you not even care and merely ask on the grounds of a formality. Answering this question gives me anxiety- because, really, WHO AM I? My name is Rhiannon, I am 30 year old and I have blond hair, my Pinterest has over 1500 pins and 48 boards. I have only made 3 things from my boards- I work 70+ hours a week spending a majority of that time with a high school football team that makes me laugh and also terrifies me of raising two boys!   Oh, I am also a wife to a wonderful husband and 4 children, one of whom I was not sure would make it to the age of 5- amazingly; on October 2, 2012 he turned 5. Our next goal is to make it to the age of 6. T

My Home Away From Home! <3

So, here is the deal- I work 70+ hours in a week, this is spread out between 2 jobs. (and usually, 2-3 outfit changes through out the day...no, I'm not kidding.) Yesterday as I was rushing, ok, let's be real, I was in 5:30 traffic trying to get across town, anyhow, I was rushing from one job to the next...I was sitting in my car eating my dinner, which was pretty awesome; peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Keebler Elf cookies, a Baggie of carrot sticks, an apple and peanut butter straight from the container with a spoon. I felt a little lonely, driving, eating my dinner and listening to some music. Now, let me tell you about my home away from home, aka my car, and the type of relationship we have. I hop in at 7:00 am, usually I'm finishing some type of breakfast, oatmeal, a beagle, whatev, but ALWAYS iced coffee. We drop the kids off and blast some music to wake me up a little more- just incase the coffee failed for the day. We hang out until 7:45 when I get to work- m

The Ramblings of a Wife

Steven and I, along with our small group are going through a very convicting and soul searching book by Mark and Grace Driscoll titled; Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together. It is just that- REAL. It's not sugar coated, just for couples who's marriages are perfect or for delusional people who don't think marriages take work- it's for REAL people who are going through REAL struggles or looking how to improve their marriage, serve their spouse and serve their Lord. Like I said- it's convicting. Throughout this study I have learned that as a wife to Steven, I am mediocre at best- sadly. This has caused me to examine my heart, examine my marriage and how I, as a wife contribute to our marriage...and let's be honest, I fall short. This is not to say that I don't love my husband, on the contrary, I love him with my entire heart- with my entire being. Yet, 90% of the time my words are much louder than my actions and I come up short.